Page 8 of 9
Our next home football game is this Friday, September 22. We need to stock the snack bar with donations so we can maximize the money we raise. Please bring the following:
- Band: 2 cases of water (each person in band)
- Guard Captains: Hot dogs buns (one 12 pack) & 1 box of foil sheets (to wrap hot dogs in)
- Shields: 8 Cup o’ Noodles & 1 pkg of 200 count napkins
- Frontline: 1 can of COFFEE decaf & powder creamer
- Banner line: 2 Bags of NACHO CHIPS (5lb bag)
- Guard Rookies: 6lb can of Chilli beans & 1 can of Hot Cocoa
You can start bringing your stuff on Wednesday, 9/23. Thank you very much for your support. Remember, the snack bar is one of our best fundraisers of the year. One good night of the snack bar can pay for one of our competitions.
Tonight, Thursday, September 14, every student in band and color guard was given a box of 60 World’s Finest Chocolate bars to sell for $1 each. Selling this box will apply $30 toward their tier payments.
The boxes are checked out to them through the ASB. They need to turn the $60 they get for selling the 60 bars to the school bookkeeper and then bring the receipt from the bookkeeper to receive their credit to their tier. Money is due by October 14.
This is all going through the ASB to make sure the money is collected. The money made will be going straight to the hefty transportation bill for the band and color guard. We do not get free transportation from the district.
Thank you for your cooperation in making this a very successful fundraiser!
Please bring in your gently used clothing and shoes (no undergarments please) for the Angel Bin donation fundraiser. The band and color guard receives money based upon the amount donated.
They will be picking up the items on Saturday, September 23, so please bring your donation items in by that Saturday morning.
The band and color guard will be going to the LA County Fair on Thursday, September 21. They will be leaving the school about 2pm and returning about 10:15pm.
They are not wearing their uniforms. Band kids are wearing black jeans, their black band shirts, their Dinkles (black marching shoes), and black socks. Color guard is wearing black pants, black shirts and their black jazz shoes.
We will need volunteers to help out with loading, unloading, dressing, etc. We also need people to attend and cheer them on. They should be marching about 5pm. If you are going to cheer them on, if you arrive between noon and 5pm, you can bring a donation of five canned food items to the fair to get in for free.
If you would like to help out, please let us know.
Our first HOME football game is upon us this Friday, September 1. It’s time to bring your donation items in. We’re depending upon SECTION leaders to notify your group:
- Clarinets: pepsi (2…12 pack cans). Stater Bros having good sale on Pepsi products.
- Flutes: coke (2….12 pack cans). Stater Bros, Cardenas, Walgreens, and Rite Aid all having sales on Coke products
- Saxophones: sprite (2… 12 pack cans).
- Horns: 5lb bag of nacho tortilla chips (smart n final).
- Trumpets: 1 case of water 24. Stater Bros is having a sale on water.
- Baritones: diet Pepsi/ diet coke (1 of each) 12 pack cans.
- Low woodwinds: dr pepper (2…12 pack cans).
- Trombones: Ketchup, mustard, relish….. 1 bottle of each.
- Tubas: Pepsi (same as clarinets).
- Drumline: 1 box of chocolates (Walmart) they are big bars, mixed are fine, they cost between $10-$13.00.
- Pit: bucket of licorice (Red Vines) Smart n Final has them.
- Guard Shield line: box chocolate bars
- Guard Front line: 1 5 lb can of nacho cheese (Smart n Final)
- Guard Banners: 24 hot dogs and buns (per person)
- Guard Captains: one box of chips each
- Guard Rookies: 7 individual Powerades or Gatorades
We need everything turned in by this Wednesday, August 30.
Thank you enjoy your Sunday. If you have any questions please feel free to ask Lulu.
We will also need people to work at the snack bar. Please let us know ahead of time if you can work the snack bar. We need to get you on the list of people working at the snack bar to get you into the game. We would really like to have a couple of shifts a game instead of a small number of people working the whole game every game.
The band sponsorship letter is available in the forms page and here: Band Sponsor Letter with logo
Please feel free to solicit donations! It takes a lot of money to get the band and color guard to the competitions. We can use all the help we can get!
The initial deposit for color guard uniforms is due on August 10. The first deposit is $75 which we need to get the company started making the uniforms.
Thank you for your cooperation.
If you missed the deadline today for the first tier payment, you have until Friday. $100 for band and $70 for color guard and pit.
Just uploaded the forms for ordering the uniform items needed (shoes, spats, gloves, etc.), for the new travel uniforms everyone needs (both veterans and rookies), and the tier payment schedule for this year. Links are below and on forms page.